Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I hope Tony Romo reads my blog.

Got a decent, quick training session in yesterday. Low box squats are finally starting to click.

Max Effort Lower

Box Squats
45x10
45x5
135x3
185x3
225x3
255x3
275x3
295x1 Should have been a triple.
315x1
325x1 PR
335xf Unusual failure for me; got out of the hole just fine but couldn't finish.

Straight-Leg Deadlift
185x8x3

Cable Crunches Superset w/ Face Pulls
3 sets of 15 each

Weight - 205 (I can't remember the last time my weight was this consistent)

Lower back really took a beating yesterday for some reason. It was interesting to find a new weak point on that 335 failure. I have the distinct feeling it was more of a form issue than just strength. I can usually finish squats strong, but I felt like I got stuck forward a little and couldn't correct.

For cardio I went outside and flew a kite with a cool bro.


I can't possibly write a post about yesterday without mentioning my Cowboys and their impressive yet ugly win against the Redskins. Listen, Tony: We will never ever question you again, just keep doing that being awesome and winning games, ok? Also maybe grab an extra nap this week and, you know, let the hole in your lung heal up.


Before you immediately start hating me and un-follow this blog - I was born in Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment