Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sparge is a Funny Word

I've been all amped up about building my own mash tun for all grain homebrewing. I decided I would start the process today and get the basics. In the age of "everything available on the internet, always" I have decided to this stubborn-style. No how-to vids, no using someone else's process and parts listed on a homebrew forum somewhere. No; I was going to sit and think, sketch this out and figure it out on my own.

After all - it's just a container to put things in, run water over them and drain it out. Right?


Today I just picked up the 5-gallon Home Depot plastic cooler and the parts to replace the cooler's valve with a 1/2" ball valve. As if to immediately punish my decision to not consult the Great Wise Internet, I quickly discovered I am short one semi-important component. Not a deal-breaker though; plenty more trips to hardware stores and the homebrew shop to get this whole setup working.

I also lifted several weights today.

Max Effort Upper Body

Floor Press
45x10
95x8
135x3
155x3
185x3
225x3
245x3
265x1 Easy
275x1 PR
285xf
285xf

No great revelations today. Just felt a little stronger. 275 felt lighter than it ever has, and 285 felt absolutely impossible.

Incline DB Press
75x10x4

DB Fly
35x12, 12, 9, 9

Dips (Bodyweight)
12, 9, 7

Cable Curls Superset w/ Neutral Grip Chins
I lost track. 3 sets?


Plenty of failure, don't worry. Also I was not aware that I swerve my spine around like a sassy cobra when I do dips.

No comments:

Post a Comment