Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hottest Girl in the Whole Foods

Fun little day out with my lady today. She has been working and I have been traveling and recovering from wisdom teeth, so this was the first day in a while we were feeling up to hanging out and wasting some money on things and stuff.

We hit up Whole Foods since she was craving some organic something-or-other. I can't say I'm a big fan of that store and the whole "organic" movement in general, but I will say Ashley really knows how to navigate those places to find some darn good snacks. For all my misgivings about a Whole Foods trip, I was pretty amped about their beer selection. They have always impressed me and this trip was no different. I came away with quite a bounty:

Breckenridge Brewery (one of my favorites) Agave Wheat,
Timmerman's Framboise Lambic,
Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre

Since it's Austin Beer Week, there was also a marketing guy from Real Ale Brewing Co. named Kenny that was giving out samples in-store. Being a beer nerd, of course I had to chat Kenny up. We talked about the Texas Craft Brewer's Festival that we both attended back in September. We agreed that it could have been run a little more smoothly, but also that the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission bore a good deal of the blame for that. Kenny was a cool dude and it was really fun discussing the Texas beer scene with him. Pretty sure he checked out my wife too, but who could blame him? She was browsing the fancy cheeses suggestively several yards away.

Speaking of which, I had an awesome/awkward moment when I was looking at my bottle of lambic. I saw my wife out of the corner of my eye but didn't recognize her, so I immediately went into "hot blonde to my left, don't look" mode. I told Ashley about it and I'm still unsure whether this gets me positive or negative points.

I think it's positive though, because she bought me these today:


New Balance Minimus, yo. Minimalist footwear is supposed to be all the rage, and I have seen a lot of strength athletes give good reviews to these. I wasn't exactly ready to take the Vibram Five Fingers plunge, and I think this will serve as a better all-purpose shoe. Anyone out there have experience with these?



1 comment:

  1. dude....whole foods is da bomb diggity....get pumpkin beers and review them!

    ReplyDelete