Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wait, beer can do that?

I tailgated the UT vs. OSU game last Saturday. We didn't even get down there until almost game time, but we more than made up for it in volume of beer consumed. We hit up the Shiner Smokehouse Tailgate and the food was pretty darn good. Due to the aforementioned beer, I didn't get any pictures besides one of the awesome dwarf. He was a cool dude.


I drank a stupendous amount and then went to Trudy's afterwards and drank even more. I was completely useless on Sunday.


De-load week before meet. Not a lot going on the gym besides some keeping loose and practicing commands. Knee started acting up again yesterday, but nothing to really be concerned about. The only truly stupid thing I did was chop up a fallen tree on our property with an axe. It was a new axe and I forgot to put gloves on, so I have some lovely, throbbing blisters now. I doubt they will be an issue by Saturday.

I brewed a blonde ale last night, and hopefully it will become a cranberry ale for Thanksgiving. Everything seemed to go well, but it's 10 hours since pitch and not a single bubble in the airlock. I seem to have the worst luck with this. I seriously can't think of a single reason except for too much of the yeast exploding out when I opened the vial. I am going warm it up, stir it, and if those fail I am just going to have to re-pitch.

Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment