Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I liked bench press before it was cool.

The last couple of weeks of floor press lulled me into a false sense of security. Not to worry though, 1-board press would bring me right back down to earth.

Max Effort Upper

Foam Press (about a 1-board)
45x10
95x5
135x3
185x3
225x3
245x1
265xf
265xf
255xf What the hell?

I don't even know what's going wrong at this point. I pause-benched 255 in a meet earlier this year, and now I'm failing it on a 1-board. Bonus points today for having my wife watch me fail multiple times! The secret's out - she now knows I'm not a man.

Incline DB Press
80x8x3

Chins
10, 10, 6

Rope Pushdown/Face Pulls Superset
3 sets, as many as possible

Did some random ab stuff with the wife and foam rolled.

Licked wounds over post-workout sushi. Why do sushi restaurants always have aquariums? Isn't that pretty macabre? We picked up some Halloween decorations and an awesome dino costume for our little boy. Of course, odds are he will reject that and ask to be a lion.

Spent some time in the garage getting the brew space together. It's materializing slowly.




No comments:

Post a Comment